- Market Round-up for the Week Ended 050822
- The equities market recorded Mixed performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a +0.7% gain WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a +2.78%
- The IEFX rate closed negative and the NAFEX rate closed negative.
- The BDC rates closed negative.
- The Brent Crude Oil price and WTI Crude Oil price moved down at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed negative
- AFEX ACI closed positive while the AEI index closed negative
- The NGXASI inched up by +0.70% W-o-W.
On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE GROWTH sectors closed positive with +5.45%, while NSE INDUSTRY closed negative with -4.59% W-o-W.
- During the week, the Dangote Index closed positive with +0.05%while the Elumelu Index closed positive by +2.35% W-o-W.
|NSE Consumer Goods||573.27||581.63||1.46%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||556.28||557.54||0.23%|
|NSE Main Board||2,280.63||2,243.03||-1.65%|
The NASD USI closed negative with -2.78% loss W-o-W
Market CAP closed negative with +2.78% loss W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||1,030.82||1,002.14||-2.78%|
|Value Traded (000)||5,346,515.10||6,650,145.11||24.38%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved down by -0.07% to close at N29.13trn
|Debt Market Size as @ AUGUST 05, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.13||29.15||-0.07%|
Brent crude oil prices moved down by -13.14% W-o-W to $95.65 per barrel
WTI moved down by -10.13% W-o-W to $89.89 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (04:57pm)
|Commodity||05-Aug-22||29-Jul-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI moved down by -5.40% W-o-W to close at 454 and the AEI remained flat W-o-W to close at 188.96
Maize moved down by -11.88% to close at N220.31 and Paddy Rice moved up by +2.40% to close at N247.03
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed negative and the IEFX rates closed negative.
BDC Rate closed negative
|FX||05-Aug-22||29-Jul-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||428.12||429||-0.21%||435||-1.58%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|
Corporate Earnings Results for the Week Ended 050822
During the week ending Friday, August 5th, 2022, Eleven (11) quoted firms declared their results.
Eight (8) out of the Eleven (11) firms declared revenue growth. NOTORE records 178.6% growth in earnings to emerge as the firm with the highest growth in earnings while UNITYKAP recorded 30.97% negative growth in earnings to emerge as the firm with the least growth rate.
ETRANZACT tops with the highest PAT figure while UNITYKAP declared the least with a loss.