Market Round-up for the Week Ended 190822
- The equities market recorded Mixed performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a -0.59% loss WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a -0.07%
- The IEFX rate closed negative and the NAFEX rate closed positive.
- The BDC rates closed negative.
- The Brent Crude Oil price and WTI Crude Oil price moved down at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed negative
- AFEX ACI and AEI closed negative.
- The NGXASI inched down by -0.59% W-o-W. On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE BANKING sectors closed positive with +65%, while NSE MERI GROWTH closed negative with -1.84%W-o-W.
- During the week, the Dangote Index closed negative with -0.18% while the Elumelu Index closed negative by -0.46% W-o-W.
|NSE Consumer Goods||608.19||601.91||-1.03%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||557.53||552.68||-0.87%|
|NSE Main Board||2,236.52||2,229.06||-0.33%|
The NASD USI closed negative with -0.07% gain W-o-W
Market CAP closed negative with -0.07% gain W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||1,003.35||992.63||-1.07%|
|Value Traded (000)||7,479,538.00||10,516,761.96||40.61%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved down by -0.21% to close at N29.08trn
|Debt Market Size as @ AUGUST 05, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.08||29.14||-0.21%|
Brent crude oil prices moved down by -0.65% W-o-W to $97.23 per barrel
WTI moved down by -0.79% W-o-W to $91.42 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (05:40pm)
|Commodity||19-Aug-22||12-Aug-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI moved down by -1.20% W-o-W to close at 443.07 and the AEI moved down by -5.61% W-o-W to close at 195.29
Maize moved down by -3.12% to close at N196.7 and Paddy Rice moved up by +3.54% to close at N260.81
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed positive and the IEFX rates closed negative.
BDC Rate closed negative
|FX||19-Aug-22||12-Aug-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||429.05||429.6||-0.13%||435||-1.37%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|