Market Round-up for the Week Ended 260822
- The equities market recorded Mixed performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a +0.63% gain WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a +0.91%
- The IEFX rate closed positive and the NAFEX rate closed positive.
- The BDC rates closed positive.
- The Brent Crude Oil price and WTI Crude Oil price moved up at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed negative
- AFEX ACI closed positive while AEI closed negative.
- The NGXASI inched up by +0.63% W-o-W. On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE INSURANCE sectors closed positive with +88%, while NSE Oil and Gas closed negative with -4.08%W-o-W.
- During the week, the Gote Index closed negative with -5.08% while the Toni Index closed positive by +0.23% W-o-W.
|NSE Consumer Goods||601.91||591.51||-1.73%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||552.68||530.15||-4.08%|
|NSE Main Board||2,229.06||2,286.02||2.56%|
The NASD USI closed positive with +0.91% gain W-o-W
Market CAP closed positive with +0.91% gain W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||992.63||1,001.69||0.91%|
|Value Traded (000)||10,516,761.96||4,953,431.00||-52.90%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved down by -0.14% to close at N29.04trn
|Debt Market Size as @ AUGUST 26, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.04||29.08||-0.14%|
Brent crude oil prices moved up by +2.20% W-o-W to $99.37 per barrel
WTI moved up by +0.85% W-o-W to $92.2 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (06:27pm)
|Commodity||26-Aug-22||19-Aug-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI moved up by +0.46% W-o-W to close at 445.12 and the AEI moved down by -4.02% W-o-W to close at 187.44
Maize moved down by -1.53% to close at N193.7 and Paddy Rice moved down by -3.03% to close at N252.9
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed positive and the IEFX rates closed negative .
BDC Rate closed negative
|FX||26-Aug-22||19-Aug-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||430.05||429.05||-0.23%||435||+1.14%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|