Market Round-up for the Week Ended 090922
- The equities market recorded Mixed performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a +0.7% gain WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a +2.78%
- The IEFX rate closed positive and the NAFEX rate closed positive.
- The BDC rates closed positive.
- The Brent Crude Oil price and WTI Crude Oil price moved down at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed positive
- AFEX ACI closed positive while the AEI index closed positive
- The NGXASI inched down by -0.70%W-o-W.
On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE INSURANCE sectors closed positive with +1.04%, while NSE AFRBVI closed negative with -1.89% W-o-W.
- During the week, the Gote Index closed positive with +0.91%while the Toni Index closed positive by +1.87% W-o-W.
|NSE Consumer Goods||603.38||607.70||0.72%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||533.59||533.01||-0.11%|
|NSE Main Board||2,311.16||2,289.10||-0.95%|
The NASD USI closed negative with -2.78% loss W-o-W
Market CAP closed negative with +2.78% loss W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||1,030.82||1,002.14||-2.78%|
|Value Traded (000)||5,346,515.10||6,650,145.11||24.38%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved up by +0.41% to close at N29.38trn
|Debt Market Size as @ AUGUST 19, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.38||29.26||0.41%|
Brent crude oil prices moved down by -3.03% W-o-W to $91.68 per barrel
WTI moved down by -2.96% W-o-W to $86.02 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (05:16pm)
|Commodity||09-Sep-22||02-Sep-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI moved up by +3.65% W-o-W to close at 455.15 and the AEI moved up by +0.92% W-o-W to close at 186.99
Maize moved up by +8.83% to close at N210.81 and Paddy Rice moved down by -4.14% to close at N250
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed positive and the IEFX rates closed positive.
BDC Rate closed positive
|FX||09-Sep-22||02-Sep-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||436.33||431.5||-1.12%||435||-0.31%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|