Market Round-up for the Week Ended 300922
- The equities market recorded Mixed performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a loss of -0.01% WoW and the NASD OTC closed positive with a +1.69%
- The IEFX rate closed positive and the NAFEX rate closed positive.
- The BDC rates closed positive.
- The Brent Crude Oil price and WTI Crude Oil price moved up at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed negative
- AFEX ACI closed flat while the AEI index closed negative
- The NGXASI inched down by -0.01%W-o-W.
On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE INDUSTRIAL closed positive with +3.01% W-o-W while NSE CONSUMER GOODS closed negative with -3.37% W-o-W.
- During the week, the DanGote Index closed flatwhile the Elumelu Index closed negative by -4.59% W-o-W.
Chart 1: Market Performance
|NSE Consumer Goods||605.09||584.68||-3.37%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||507.25||508.26||0.20%|
|NSE Main Board||2,246.03||2,251.59||0.25%|
The NASD USI closed positive with +1.69% gain W-o-W
Market CAP closed positive with +1.69% gain W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||952.51||968.60||1.69%|
|Value Traded (000)||57,125.00||1,608,410.00||2715.60%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved up by -0.20% to close at N29.37trn
|Debt Market Size as @ AUGUST 30, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.31||29.37||-0.20%|
Brent crude oil prices moved up by +2.61% W-o-W to $88.17 per barrel
WTI moved up by +2.74% W-o-W to $80.69 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (05:16 pm)
|Commodity||30-Sep-22||23-Sep-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI remained flat W-o-W to close at 455.71 and the AEI moved down by -0.68% W-o-W to close at 186.39
Maize moved down by -3.31% to close at N193.3 and Paddy Rice moved down by -9.95% to close at N243
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed positive and the IEFX rates closed positive.
BDC Rate closed positive
|FX||30-Sep-22||23-Sep-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||437.03||436.33||0.16%||435||0.47%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|