Market Round-up for the Week Ended 071022
- The equities market recorded Negative performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a loss of -3.41% WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a -1.06%
- The IEFX rate closed positive and the NAFEX rate closed negative.
- The BDC rates closed negative.
- The Brent Crude Oil price and WTI Crude Oil price moved up at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed positive
- AFEX ACI closed flat while the AEI index closed negative
- The NGXASI inched down by -3.41%W-o-W.
On top gainer and loser sector indices, no sector closed positive W-o-W while NSE MAIN BOARD closed negative with -5.25% W-o-W.
- During the week, the Dangote Index closed negative by -0.09% while the Elumelu Index closed negative by -2.81% W-o-W.
Chart 1: Market Performance
|NSE Consumer Goods||584.68||581.43||-0.56%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||508.26||503.10||-1.02%|
|NSE Main Board||2,251.59||2,133.42||-5.25%|
The NASD USI closed negative with -1.06% gain W-o-W
Market CAP closed negative with -1.06% gain W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||968.60||958.33||-1.06%|
|Value Traded (000)||1,608,410.00||81,407,025.00||4961.34%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved up by +0.03% to close at N29.32trn
|Debt Market Size as @ OCTOBER 07, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.32||29.31||0.03%|
Brent crude oil prices moved up by +11.59% W-o-W to $98.39 per barrel
WTI moved up by +14.82% W-o-W to $92.65 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (05:43 pm)
|Commodity||07-Oct-22||30-Sep-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI remained flat W-o-W to close at 455.71 and the AEI moved down by -2.81% W-o-W to close at 181.16
Maize moved down by -0.12% to close at N193.06 and Paddy Rice moved up by +12.81% to close at N274.12
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed negative and the IEFX rates closed positive.
BDC Rate closed negative
|FX||07-Oct-22||30-Sep-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||439.19||437.03||0.49%||435||0.96%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|