Market Round-up for the Week Ended 141022
- The equities market recorded mixed performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a gain of +0.46% WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a -0.01%
- The IEFX rate closed positive and the NAFEX rate closed negative.
- The BDC rates closed negative.
- The Brent Crude Oil price and WTI Crude Oil price moved down at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed positive
- AFEX ACI closed flat while the AEI index closed positive
- The NGXASI inched up by +0.46% W-o-W.
On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE INDUSTRIAL sector closed positive with +3.17% W-o-W while NSE OIL and GAS closed negative with -2.13% W-o-W.
- During the week, the Dangote Index closed flat bywhile the Elumelu Index closed positive by -2.03% W-o-W.
Chart 1: Market Performance
|NSE Consumer Goods||581.43||577.12||-0.74%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||503.10||492.37||-2.13%|
|NSE Main Board||2,133.42||2,151.78||0.86%|
The NASD USI closed negative with -0.01% loss W-o-W
Market CAP closed negative with -0.01% loss W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||958.33||958.19||-0.01%|
|Value Traded (000)||81,407,025.00||135,754,996.00||66.76%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved up by +0.03% to close at N29.32trn
|Debt Market Size as @ OCTOBER 14, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.39||29.32||0.24%|
Brent crude oil prices moved down by -6.37% W-o-W to $92.12 per barrel
WTI moved down by -6.84% W-o-W to $86.31 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (04:35 pm)
|Commodity||14-Oct-22||07-Oct-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI remained flat W-o-W to close at 455.71 and the AEI moved up by +8.85% W-o-W to close at 197.2
Maize moved up by +8.17% to close at N208.83 and Paddy Rice also moved up by +3.04% to close at N282.46
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed positive and the IEFX rates closed positive.
BDC Rate closed positive
|FX||14-Oct-22||07-Oct-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||441.38||439.19||0.50%||435||1.47%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|