Market Round-up for the Week Ended 211022
- The equities market recorded mixed performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a loss of -6.67% WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a +0.28%
- The IEFX rate closed positive and the NAFEX rate closed positive.
- The BDC rates closed negative .
- The Brent Crude Oil price moved up while WTI Crude Oil price moved down at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed positive
- AFEX ACI closed flat while the AEI index closed positive
- The NGXASI inched down by -6.67% W-o-W.
On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE AFRHDYI sector closed positive with +2.45% W-o-W while NSE MAIN BOARD closed negative with -10.84% W-o-W.
- During the week, the Dangote Index closed positive by +0.07%while the Elumelu Index closed positive by +2.85% W-o-W.
Chart 1: Market Performance
|NSE Consumer Goods||577.12||572.02||-0.88%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||492.37||485.21||-1.45%|
|NSE Main Board||2,151.78||1,918.62||-10.84%|
The NASD USI closed negative with -0.28% gain W-o-W
Market CAP closed negative with -0.28% gain W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||958.19||960.88||0.28%|
|Value Traded (000)||135,754,996.00||7,216,005.00||-94.68%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved up by +0.17% to close at N29.44trn
|Debt Market Size as @ OCTOBER 21, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.44||29.39||0.17%|
Brent crude oil prices moved up by +1.19% W-o-W to $93.22 per barrel
WTI moved down by -1.46% W-o-W to $85.05 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (05:05 pm)
|Commodity||21-Oct-22||14-Oct-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI remained flat W-o-W to close at 455.71 and the AEI moved up by +0.63% W-o-W to close at 198.44
Maize moved down by -2.27% to close at N204.09 and Paddy Rice also moved down by -0.52% to close at N280.98
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed positive and the IEFX rates closed positive.
BDC Rate closed positive
|FX||21-Oct-22||14-Oct-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||441.67||441.38||-0.07%||435||-1.53%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|