Market Round-up for the Week Ended 281022
- The equities market recorded negative performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a loss of -1.09% WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a -1.06%
- The IEFX rate closed positive and the NAFEX rate closed positive.
- The BDC rates closed positive.
- The Brent Crude Oil price moved up while the WTI Crude Oil price moved up at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed positive
- AFEX ACI closed flat while the AEI index closed positive
- The NGXASI inched down by -1.09% W-o-W.
- On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE MERIVAL sector closed positive with +1.21% W-o-W while NSE PREMIUM closed negative with -3.51%W-o-W.
- During the week, the Dangote Index closed negative by -9.50% while the Elumelu Index closed negative by -0.38% W-o-W.
Chart 1: Market Performance
|NSE Consumer Goods||572.02||569.98||-0.36%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||485.21||484.03||-0.24%|
|NSE Main Board||1,918.62||1,934.61||0.83%|
The NASD USI closed negative with -1.06% gain W-o-W
Market CAP closed negative with -1.06% gain W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||960.88||950.66||-1.06%|
|Value Traded (000)||7,216,005.00||317,428.00||-95.60%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved up by +0.17% to close at N29.44trn
|Debt Market Size as @ OCTOBER 21, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.44||29.39||0.17%|
Brent crude oil prices moved up by +2.19% W-o-W to $95.26 per barrel
WTI moved up by +2.90% W-o-W to $87.52 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (06:12 pm)
|Commodity||28-Oct-22||21-Oct-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI remained flat W-o-W to close at 455.71 and the AEI moved up by +0.94% W-o-W to close at 200.30
Maize moved up by +3.83% to close at N211.9 and Paddy Rice also moved up by +29.65% to close at N364.3
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed positive and the IEFX rates closed positive.
BDC Rate closed positive
|FX||28-Oct-22||21-Oct-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||444.75||441.67||0.70%||435||2.24%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|