Market Round-up for the Week Ended 041122
- The equities market recorded mixed performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a gain of +0.81%WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a -0.25%
- The IEFX rate closed positive and the NAFEX rate closed positive.
- The BDC rates closed positive.
- The Brent Crude Oil price moved up while WTI Crude Oil price moved up at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed positive
- AFEX ACI closed flat while the AEI index closed positive
- The NGXASI inched up by +0.81% W-o-W.
- On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE INDUSTRIAL sector closed positive with +5.35% W-o-W while NSE OIL and GAS closed negative with -5.37% W-o-W.
- During the week, the Dangote Index closed positive by +8.35% while the Elumelu Index closed negative by -1.59% W-o-W.
Chart 1: Market Performance
|NSE Consumer Goods||569.98||556.73||-2.32%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||484.03||458.04||-5.37%|
|NSE Main Board||1,934.61||1,926.04||-0.44%|
- The NASD USI closed negative with -0.25% loss W-o-W
- Market CAP closed negative with -0.25% loss W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||950.66||948.30||-0.25%|
|Value Traded (000)||317,428.00||1,047,580.00||230.02%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved up by +0.82% to close at N29.66trn
|Debt Market Size as @ November 03, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.66||29.42||0.82%|
Brent crude oil prices moved up by +2.19% W-o-W to $95.26 per barrel
WTI moved up by +2.90% W-o-W to $87.52 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (06:12 pm)
|Commodity||04-Nov-22||28-Oct-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI remained flat W-o-W to close at 455.71 and the AEI moved up by +1.09% W-o-W to close at 202.48
Maize moved down by -2.50% to close at N206.6 and Paddy Rice also moved up by +9.23% to close at N397.94
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed positive and the IEFX rates closed positive.
BDC Rate closed positive
|FX||04-Nov-22||28-Oct-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||445.75||444.75||0.22%||435||2.47%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|