Market Round-up for the Week Ended 111122
- The equities market recorded mixed performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a gain of +0.81%WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a -0.25% loss.
- The IEFX rate closed positive and the NAFEX rate closed positive.
- The BDC rates closed negative.
- The Brent Crude Oil price moved down while WTI Crude Oil price moved down at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed flat
- AFEX ACI closed positive while the AEI index closed negative
- The NGXASI inched down by -0.68% W-o-W.
On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE AFRBVI sector closed positive with +0.38% W-o-W while NSE INSURANCE closed negative with -2.25% W-o-W.
- During the week, the Dangote Index closed negative by -0.60% whilethe Elumelu Index closed positive by +3.07% W-o-W.
Chart 1: Market Performance
|NSE Consumer Goods||556.73||545.90||-1.95%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||458.04||454.66||-0.74%|
|NSE Main Board||1,926.04||1,914.25||-0.61%|
The NASD USI closed negative with -0.25% loss W-o-W
Market CAP closed negative with -0.25% loss W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||950.66||948.30||-0.25%|
|Value Traded (000)||317,428.00||1,047,580.00||230.02%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed flat to close at N29.63trn
|Debt Market Size as @ November 10, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.63||29.63||0.00%|
Brent crude oil prices moved down by -1.30% W-o-W to $96.32 per barrel
WTI moved down by -3.22% W-o-W to $88.47 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (06:12 pm)
|Commodity||11-Nov-22||04-Nov-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI moved up by +1.62% W-o-W to close at 455.71 and the AEI moved down by +0.07% W-o-W to close at 202.33
Ginger moved up by -16.52% to close at N206.6 and Maize also moved up by +15.95% to close at N239.55
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed positive and the IEFX rates closed positive.
BDC Rate closed negative
|FX||11-Nov-22||04-Nov-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||446.1||445.75||0.08%||435||2.55%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|