Market Round-up for the Week Ended 181122
- The equities market recorded mixed performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a gain of +1.19%WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a -0.45%
- The IEFX rate closed negative and the NAFEX rate closed positive.
- The BDC rates closed positive.
- The Brent Crude Oil price moved down while WTI Crude Oil price moved down at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed positive at the end of the week
- AFEX ACI closed flat while the AEI index closed positive
- The NGXASI inched up by +1.19% W-o-W.
- On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE AFRBVI sector closed positive with +5.89% W-o-W while NSE Oil and Gas closed negative with -1.34%W-o-W.
- During the week, the Dangote Index closed negative by -0.12% while the Elumelu Index closed negative by -0.21% W-o-W.
Chart 1: Market Performance
|NSE Consumer Goods||545.90||550.89||0.91%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||454.66||448.56||-1.34%|
|NSE Main Board||1,914.25||1,934.11||1.04%|
The NASD USI closed negative with -0.45% loss W-o-W
Market CAP closed negative with -0.45% loss W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||939.25||935.07||-0.45%|
|Value Traded (000)||311,522.00||15,500.00||-95.02%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved up by +1.15% to close at N29.95trn
|Debt Market Size as @ November 18, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.95||29.61||1.15%|
Brent crude oil prices moved down by -10.05% W-o-W to $86.34 per barrel
WTI moved down by -11.86% W-o-W to $78.41 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (04:03 pm)
|Commodity||18-Nov-22||11-Nov-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI remained flat W-o-W to close at 455.71 and the AEI moved up by +3.97% W-o-W to close at 210.37
Maize moved up by +3.59% to close at N248.14 and Paddy Rice also moved up by +16.82% to close at N360
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed positive and the IEFX rates closed negative.
BDC Rate closed positive
|FX||18-Nov-22||11-Nov-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||445.67||446.1||+0.10%||435||-2.45%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|