Market Round-up for the Week Ended 251122
- The equities market recorded positive performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a gain of +6.88%WoW and the NASD OTC closed positive with a +0.01%
- The IEFX rate closed positive and the NAFEX rate closed positive.
- The BDC rates closed negative.
- The Brent Crude Oil price moved down while WTI Crude Oil price moved down at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed negative at the end of the week
- AFEX ACI closed flat while the AEI index closed negative
- The NGXASI inched up by +6.88% W-o-W.
- On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE INDUSTRIAL sector closed positive with +9.45% W-o-W while NSE Oil and Gas closed negative with -1.29%W-o-W.
- During the week, the Gote Index closed positive by 62% while the Toni Index closed positive by 2.64% W-o-W.
Chart 1: Market Performance
|NSE Consumer Goods||550.89||551.70||0.15%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||448.56||442.77||-1.29%|
|NSE Main Board||1,934.11||2,071.43||7.10%|
- The NASD USI closed positive with +0.01% gain W-o-W
- Market CAP closed positive with +0.01% gain W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||935.07||935.12||0.01%|
|Value Traded (000)||15,500.00||1,340,000.00||8545.16%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved down by -0.17% to close at N29.90trn
|Debt Market Size as @ November 25, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||29.9||29.95||-0.17%|
- Brent crude oil prices moved down by -142% W-o-W to $85.11 per barrel
- WTI moved down by -0.66% W-o-W to $77.89 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (05:11 pm
|Commodity||25-Nov-22||18-Nov-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI remained flat W-o-W to close at 455.71 and the AEI moved down by -2.94% W-o-W to close at 204.19
Maize moved down by -3.30% to close at N248.14 and Paddy Rice moved up by +25.14% to close at N450.49
|Afex Commodity Prices|
- The NAFEX closed positive and the IEFX rates closed positive.
- BDC Rate closed negative
|FX||25-Nov-22||18-Nov-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||446.33||445.67||0.15%||435||2.60%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|