Market Round-up for the Week Ended 021222
- The equities market recorded mixed performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a gain of +1.26% WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a -0.15% loss.
- The IEFX rate closed negative and the NAFEX rate closed negative.
- The BDC rates closed negative.
- The Brent Crude Oil price moved up while WTI Crude Oil price moved up at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed positive at the end of the week
- AFEX ACI closed flat while the AEI index closed positive
- The NGXASI inched up by +1.26% W-o-W.
- On top gainer and loser sector indices, NGXAFRBVI sector closed positive with +3.45% W-o-W while NSE INDUSTRIAL sector closed negative with -1.20% W-o-W.
- During the week, the Dangote Index closed negative by -0.01% while the Elumelu Index closed positive by 0.85% W-o-W.
Chart 1: Market Performance
|NGX Consumer Goods||551.70||548.35||-0.61%|
|NGX Oil and Gas||442.77||444.72||0.44%|
|NGX Main Board||2,071.43||2,083.70||0.59%|
Source: NSE, Proshare Research
The NASD USI closed negative with -0.15% loss W-o-W
Market CAP closed negative with -0.15% loss W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||935.12||933.71||-0.15%|
|Value Traded (000)||5,530,630.00||10,694,141.31||93.36%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved up by 0.87% to close at N30.16trn
|Debt Market Size as @ December 02, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||30.16||29.9||0.87%|
Brent crude oil prices moved up by 2.07% W-o-W to $86.87 per barrel
WTI moved up by 4.52% W-o-W to $81.41 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (05:23 pm)
|Commodity||02-Dec-22||25-Nov-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI remained flat W-o-W to close at 455.71 and the AEI moved up by 8.14% W-o-W to close at 204.19
Maize moved up by 3.76% to close at N248.98 and Paddy Rice moved down by 32.07% to close at N306.03
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed negative and the IEFX rates closed negative.
BDC Rate closed negative
|FX||02-Dec-22||25-Nov-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||445.33||445.67||-0.08%||435||2.37%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|