Market Round-up for the Week Ended 161222
- The equities market recorded mixed performance – the listed equities market, NGXASI, recorded a gain of +0.89%WoW and the NASD OTC closed negative with a -0.28%
- The IEFX rate closed positive and the NAFEX rate closed positive.
- The BDC rates closed flat.
- The Brent Crude Oil price moved up and WTI Crude Oil price moved up at the end of the week.
- The FMDQ Debt Market Size closed positive
- AFEX ACI closed flat while the AEI index closed negative
- The NGXASI inched up by +0.89% W-o-W.
- On top gainer and loser sector indices, NSE industrial sector closed positive with +3.44% W-o-W while NSE GROWTH sector closed negative with -0.52%W-o-W.
- During the week, the Dangote Index closed negative by -0.15% while the Elumelu Index closed negative by -0.76% W-o-W.
Chart 1: Market Performance
|NSE Consumer Goods||557.38||556.24||-0.20%|
|NSE Oil and Gas||446.00||447.59||0.36%|
|NSE Main Board||2,160.49||2,187.16||1.23%|
The NASD USI closed negative with -0.28% loss W-o-W
Market CAP closed negative with -0.28% loss W-o-W
|MKT Capitalization (Bn)||933.35||930.74||-0.28%|
|Value Traded (000)||3,232,754.50||9,170,319.00||183.67%|
Source: NASD Plc
Debt Market Size
The FMDQ Debt Market Size moved up by 1.16% to close at N30.55trn
|Debt Market Size as @ December 16, 2022|
|Debt Market Size||30.55||30.2||1.16%|
Brent crude oil prices moved up by 2.56% W-o-W to $78.79 per barrel
WTI moved up by 2.65% W-o-W to $74.02 per barrel as at the time of writing this report. (05: 27 pm)
|Commodity||16-Dec-22||09-Dec-22||31-Dec-21||Weekly Chg||YTD Chg|
ACI remained flat W-o-W to close at 455.71 and the AEI moved down by 2.79% W-o-W to close at 225.28
Maize moved down by 1.54% to close at N235.12 and Paddy Rice moved up by 0.17% to close at N306.7
|Afex Commodity Prices|
The NAFEX closed positive and the IEFX rates closed positive.
BDC Rate closed flat
|FX||16-Dec-22||09-Dec-22||% Chg||31-Dec-21||YTD Chg|
|I & E||451.5||446.5||1.12%||435||3.79%|
|Source: FMDQ, CBN, Everdon|